Yane McKenzie’s practice focuses on business immigration, assisting small to large corporations hire and retain foreign nationals and advising them on I-9 and E-Verify matters. She has experience preparing nonimmigrant and immigrant petitions for employees in various visa categories, including B-1/B-2, E-1/E-2, L-1, H-1B, EB-1, TN, and O-1 as well as PERM/Labor Certifications. She also enjoys gaining experience in other areas of the law by taking on unique pro bono cases.
In law school, Yane served as the Senior Managing Editor of the Law Review while working part-time at a law firm. Prior to law school, she served one year in AmeriCorps, committing 1700+ hours to teaching and mentoring children and youth with behavioral and psychological issues.
Yane has lived in 3 different countries and 8 states/provinces but considers Georgia her second home.
Presentations and Speaking Engagements
- Troutman Sanders’ 2015 Labor & Employment Seminar
- Troutman Sanders’ 2016 Annual Workplace Challenges Update
- “Good and Bad Employee Handbook Rules in Light of Increasing Section 7 Violations: The NLRB GC’s Report” (Employment Law Daily, HR Law Matters)
- “Conducting an Internal Audit of Your Company’s I-9 Forms” (HR Law Matters)
- “I-9 Violation Fines Increased!” (HR Law Matters)
- “The New I-9 Form is Now Available” (HR Law Matters)
Professional and Community Involvement
- American Immigration Lawyers Association (AILA), New Members Division Chair
- Georgia Association for Women Lawyers
- Alumnae and Women of Emory
- Korean-American Bar Association