Stephanie Fulcher focuses her practice on real estate finance and real estate development, with a particular emphasis on assisting borrowers in mortgage loan and construction lending transactions and institutional lenders with respect to negotiation and documentation of senior syndicated and single-lender secured financing transactions, the workout, forbearance, and restructuring of non-performing credit facilities secured by real estate assets, and the disposition of owned real estate assets. In addition, she assists investors, developers and lenders in the acquisition, disposition and development of commercial real estate, and has substantial experience involving the development, disposition, and financing of multi-family residential projects.
- Assisted a variety of banking clients in reviewing and analyzing real estate collateral issues with respect to distressed credit facilities.
- Represented a commercial property owner in the refinancing of a retail shopping center and subsequent disposition of the center subject to the securitized mortgage loan.
- Assisted a major national bank in the restructuring of two cross-defaulted and cross-collateralized distressed senior loans secured by two troubled single-family residential projects.
- Represented lenders in the documentation of new and amended real estate-secured term loans and revolving credit facilities.
- Represented a developer in the acquisition of land, and negotiation of construction financing, for medical office developments.
- Represented developers of multi-family residential properties in connection with various land acquisitions, financings, and joint ventures for development of projects in North Carolina, South Carolina, Maryland, and Virginia.
- Represented a Charlotte, North Carolina-based client in closing sales and refinancings of multiple existing apartment properties in North Carolina.
Professional and Community Involvement
Mecklenburg County Bar Association, Member
North Carolina Bar Association, Real Property Section, Member