Richard Pollak represents financial institutions and other lenders in a wide range of financing transactions, including structuring, preparing and negotiating loan documents for secured and unsecured credit facilities, loan workouts and restructurings, bankruptcy and creditor’s rights and lending to high tech companies.
Richard has extensive experience in representing a broad array of financial institutions and mezzanine lenders in sophisticated transactions in mezzanine financing, acquisition financing leveraged and asset based financing on transactions, including transactions where the lender is taking an equity position in the borrower. Representative transactions range in size from $1 million to several hundred million dollars. His practice involves both domestic and multi-national transactions, including secured financing in the People’s Republic of China, Hong Kong, Cayman Islands and Europe. He has significant experience in asset based lending, real estate lending, secured financings to government contractors, lending to high-tech companies, lending to high net worth individuals, lending to purchasers of commercial paper, franchisees and health care providers.
Another aspect of his practice is the representation of regional businesses in connection with general corporate issues pertaining to debt financings, franchise rights, real estate, leasing, and purchases and sales of businesses. He also has prepared “shelf” documents for financial institutions and reviewed forms of compliance with state and Federal law.
- Represented a lender in a $31 million aircraft loan.
- Represented a bank lender in a $27.5 million discretionary line of credit to a manufacturer of consumer goods sold in the U.S. and Mexico.
- Represented a lender in a $10 million secured line of credit to a publicly traded holding company focused on companies that provide products and services to growth industries.
- Represented a lender in a $48 million secured term loan to refinance a server farm in California.
- Counsel to US Bank in connection with a $4 million growth capital loan in the People’s Republic of China.
- Successful workout and 363 sale on behalf of a lender for an asset based line of credit of $12 million.
- Representation of agent bank on a $45 million secured asset based line of credit with multiple tiers of pari passu and sub debt totaling over $400 million.
- Representation of agent bank on $75 million secured asset based line of credit.
- Representation of lead bank on a multi-state $120 million syndicated loan to provider of cable services.
- Representation of a secured lender in a multi-national secured loan transaction secured by blanket lien on all assets, including intellectual property and assets overseas.
- Representation of a secured lender in a $18 million acquisition loan to high tech company to finance acquisition of assets of competitor.
- Representation of a secured lender in a $300 million liquidity facility to venture capital firm to provide liquidity pending capital calls to various domestic and foreign partnerships.
- Representation of a secured lender in a successful workout/restructuring of $21 million asset based loan.
- Representation of a secured lender on a $100 million loan to owners of National Hockey League franchise to finance working capital.
- Representation of a secured lender on loans to finance acquisition and improvements for local branch of national church.
- Representation of a secured lender on a $40 million re-discount facility.
- Successful workout of a $19 million bond facility to private college.
Presentations and Speaking Engagements
- Adjunct Professor, Washington College of Law
- Faculty, “Virginia Foreclosures and Workouts,” National Business Institute, April 17, 2012.
- Board Member, CLASP, Washington, DC (Collaborative Labeling and Appliance Standards Program) (2008 - Present)