As plaintiffs or defendants, clients need legal counsel that can help them resolve real estate disputes quickly and effectively, allowing them to return their focus toward the investments, projects and transactions that support their core business goals.
The real estate litigators of Troutman Sanders have decades of experience advising owners, investors, investment groups, banks, financial institutions, developers and builders, as well as businesses that depend on real estate as a core asset (including retailers, manufacturers, utilities and other enterprises). We represent clients in every phase of litigation and in all venues, including federal and state courts and alternative dispute resolution forums such as mediation and arbitration. For individuals and enterprises facing unfavorable zoning or land-use decisions, regulatory inquires and law-enforcement investigations that feature a real estate component, we also provide effective representation before governmental agencies, officials and boards.
We understand that a successful outcome in the eyes of our clients is one that enables them to execute their business goals and return to their core business activities. To this end, our experienced litigators work closely with lawyers from throughout the firm’s core practice groups, including corporate, environmental, finance and securities law.
Our lawyers regularly advise clients on disputes involving the following:
- Large commercial and residential real estate developments
- Fair Business Practices Act compliance, including lending, sales, development and management contracts
- Litigation concerning easements, restrictive covenants and other real property rights
- Foreclosures, including confirmation trials and appeals
- Landlord-tenant disputes
- Fraud and breach of contract
- Loan/financing disputes
- Real property receiverships
- Borrower/guarantor litigation and Bankruptcy