Our experienced, patent litigators utilize their scientific and engineering degrees, training, and professional experience in technological specialties to provide responsive, knowledgeable, and thorough advice. As a result, our first-chair patent trial lawyers have enjoyed consistent success in domestic and international forums that has been recognized by both our clients and some of the world’s top legal ranking publications. Most recently, our lawyers were:
- Recognized as America's Leading Lawyers for Intellectual Property by Chambers USA where it was noted “[Troutman Sanders] maintains an impressive reputation for its broad-based IP capabilities, with particular strength in litigation. [The team is] recommended for its impressive handling of patent infringement work.”
- Recognized in U.S. News–Best Lawyers “Best Law Firms” and The Best Lawyers in America in Litigation - Intellectual Property, Litigation - Patent, Patent Law
- Named to Georgia Trend magazine’s Legal Elite in Intellectual Property
- Listed as leading patent practitioners in IAM Patent 1000: The World's Leading Patent Practitioners.
- Ranked #3 in the 2015 Patent Litigation Survey conducted by Corporate Counsel magazine.
We are deeply committed to thoroughly understanding our clients, their business goals, and the challenges particular to their industries. As part of our client-centric strategy, we analyze the strengths and weaknesses of cases, critical client objectives and identify core issues at the onset of each engagement. We litigate from the end of a case, crafting strategies that will yield the most positive and cost-effective outcome for our clients.
Our litigation experience includes extensive trial work in the “rocket dockets” of the Eastern District of Virginia, Western District of Wisconsin, the Eastern District of Texas, and before the U.S. International Trade Commission. We examine alternative forums, including IPRs under the AIA, and alternative dispute resolution (ADR) mechanisms such as arbitration and mediation. As part of our commitment to cost-efficient service, our staffing is lean but appropriate to the complexity and significance of each matter.
Our litigation docket consistently includes complex cases involving cutting-edge patent issues across all subject matters.