We advise corporations on labor and employment concerns that arise in the context of mergers and acquisitions. Our depth of experience and unique perspective on these matters allow us to provide valuable support to the firm’s corporate lawyers.
Our services include the following:
- Conducting due diligence reviews of executive employment agreements, with a focus on restrictive covenants, executive compensation and severance agreements
- Assessing potential liabilities associated with Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) claims, wage audits or complaints, lawsuits and recent terminations
- Evaluating worker’s compensation claims and employment practices liability insurance coverage
- Providing counsel on collective bargaining agreements and labor negotiations
- Managing Worker Adjustment and Retraining Notification (WARN) Act compliance and other matters related to labor reductions
- Advising on immigration issues related to the movement of employees to the United States from non-U.S. jurisdictions, and conducting I-9 reviews of all employees upon completion of the merger
We also advise managers and human resource professionals on non-legal matters that arise in the course of mergers and acquisitions, such as managing employee expectations, maintaining employee morale and monitoring work performance. Drawing on our day-to-day involvement with these issues, we offer trusted advice to clients on the overall labor and employment strategies needed for an effective merger, before and after the deal is closed.