Meagan Mihalko is an associate in the Consumer Financial Services practice. Meagan’s practice is principally devoted to business litigation, including financial services litigation, contract and business disputes. Meagan represents clients in both state and federal court at both the trial and appellate level. Meagan's financial services litigation experience includes the defense of class action matters involving federal consumer protection statutes such as the Fair Credit Reporting Act and Telephone Consumer Protection Act.
Meagan works with clients to assess the value and risk of each case and to develop a strategy consistent with the client’s goals. Meagan handles all aspects of federal and state court litigation, including discovery, dispositive and non-dispositive motions practice, trial and mediation.
Financial Services Litigation
- Counsel for national background screening company in FCRA national class action and single-plaintiff FCRA cases.
- Counsel for automotive finance company and obtained dismissal with prejudice of FCRA claim in federal court.
- Counsel for regional insurance company in TCPA class action and obtained stay of litigation in light of Campbell-Ewald Co. v. Gomez and Spokeo, Inc. v. Robins.
- Represented manufacturing company in “junk fax” case and obtained dismissal with prejudice in federal court.
- Represented international recreational equipment manager and obtained summary judgment in federal court.
- Represented pharmaceutical company in breach of contract action in federal court.
- Represented regional law firm in fee-dispute action in federal court.
Professional and Community Involvement
- Richmond Bar Association, Pro Bono Committee
- Virginia State Bar
- Federal Bar Association
- University of Richmond School of Law Young Grad Association Board Member