Mason Bayler, Jr. is a partner at Troutman Sanders in the Corporate practice. His practice focuses on the representation of public and private companies in connection with mergers and acquisitions and security offerings. He is a 1995 graduate of Tulane University School of Law where he was on the Tulane Law Review and received his B.A. degree from the University of North Carolina. A member of the American, Virginia and Richmond Bar Associations, Mason also served as a law clerk for the late Honorable Robert R. Merhige, Jr. of the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Virginia.
- Represented public utility company in connection with $867 million sale to private equity firm.
- Represented internet service provider in $225 million public offering of convertible debt.
- Represented telecommunications company in connection with its recent $660 million sale to two private equity funds and subsequent 144A debt offering and IPO of common stock.
- Underwriters counsel for public offering of common stock by diversified grain and ethanol company.
- Represented publicly held energy company in connection with Rule 144A offerings of $667 million of senior notes.
- Representation of publicly held transportation company in connection with $1.25 billion sale to a worldwide delivery company.
- Represented consumer products company in connection with the acquisition of various brands from Fortune 100 pharmaceuticals company and its ultimate sale to a consumer products platform company.
- Representation of public technology company in connection with PIPES offerings.
- Represented private equity investors in numerous investments in and divestitures of portfolio companies.
Professional and Community Involvement
- American Bar Association
- Virginia Bar Association
- Richmond Bar Association
Rankings and Recognition
- Selected as a Super Lawyer in Securities & Corporate Finance by Law & Politics' Virginia Super Lawyers Magazine (2012 - 2015).
- Named to Virginia Business magazine's Legal Elite in Business Law (2013).
- Recognized in The Legal 500 United States for Corporate (2015-2016).
- Partner, Hunton & Williams LLP, 2003-2006
- Associate, Hunton & Williams LLP, 1996-2003
- Law Clerk, The Honorable United States District Judge Robert R. Merhige, Jr. 1995-1996