Jonathan Hauser concentrates his law practice in the area of Chapter 11 bankruptcy and reorganization and related restructuring. His practice also includes a wide variety of commercial litigation arising out of or related to commercial bankruptcies or insolvencies.
Professional and Community Involvement
- Member: Tidewater Bankruptcy Bar Association (Past President)
- Virginia State Bar (Second District Committee, 1989-1993; Secretary, Bankruptcy Law Section, 1994 Member, Bankruptcy Board of Governors, 1991-1994)
Rankings and Recognition
- Recognized as one of America's Leading Lawyers for Bankruptcy/Restructuring - Virginia by Chambers USA (2016).
- Selected by Law & Politics as a Virginia Super Lawyer in Bankruptcy & Creditor/Debt Rights (2009-2011, 2014-2016); Selected for inclusion in the July/August 2010 Law & Politics’ Super Lawyers, Corporate Counsel Edition.
- Recognized as one of The Best Lawyers in America in Bankruptcy and Creditor-Debtor Rights/Insolvency and Reorganization Law (2009-2017), Litigation - Bankruptcy (2011-2017).
- Named to Virginia Business Magazine's "Legal Elite" in Bankruptcy/Creditors' Rights (2003, 2016) and in Bankruptcy Law (2008-2015).
- Achieved Martindale-Hubbell's highest rating for legal ability and ethical standards.