John Bradley has significant experience representing public and private clients across the range of development stages in a wide variety of corporate and securities matters, including mergers and acquisitions; periodic and other reporting under the Securities Exchange Act of 1934; debt and equity securities offerings, including registered public offerings under the Securities Act of 1933; venture capital financings; software licensing transactions; and drafting, negotiating, reviewing and interpreting a wide variety of business contracts.
John also provides continuing counseling to a number of corporate clients regarding general corporate and securities matters, including governance, securities law compliance and disclosure issues.
Areas of Expertise
- Mergers & Acquisitions: Representing public and private company buyers and sellers in mergers and acquisitions transactions through all primary phases of the transaction process from due diligence to negotiating and drafting letters of intent and definitive documentation through closing.
- SEC Reporting & Filings: Representing public companies in the preparation and review of Forms 10-K, 10-Q and 8-K, proxy statements and Section 16 filings under the Securities Exchange Act of 1934, as well as counseling public companies regarding the Sarbanes-Oxley Act of 2002, the Dodd-Frank Wall Street Reform and Consumer Protection Act of 2010, and going-private transactions. John also assists in the preparation and review of press releases, earnings releases and investor and other management presentations, and counsels public clients on a broad range of disclosure issues and corporate governance matters.
- Corporate Finance: Representing public companies in primary and resale public offerings, including under “shelf” registration statements under the Securities Act of 1933, as well as representing public and private companies in private placement equity, debt and convertible debt financing transactions. John also represents both issuers and investors in venture capital financing transactions and has significant experience drafting private placement memoranda and other offering documents.
- Corporate Governance: Advising boards of directors, general counsel and senior executive management of public companies on securities law compliance and corporate governance practices and policies. Mr. Bradley also advises clients on stock exchange regulatory compliance.
- General Business: Drafting, negotiating, reviewing and interpreting a wide variety of business contracts, including: loan, credit, security and guaranty agreements; software and other intellectual property licensing agreements; shareholder agreements; operating agreements; stock option plans and agreements; consulting contracts; executive and other employment and employment-related agreements; and settlement agreements. John also advises clients on entity selection and formation and prepares a range of entity-specific and related organizational documents in addition to those described above.
- Mergers and acquisitions transactions for clients in the distribution, printing, film production, software, information technology consulting, manufacturing, electronics, Internet media and medical device industries.
- Securities and Exchange Commission reporting for companies in the energy, Internet media, medical device, consumer electronics and software industries.
- Registered public offerings for clients in the energy, engineering consulting, Internet media, telecommunications and software industries.
- Venture capital financing transactions for clients in the semiconductor, telecommunications, software, medical device, chemical and biochemical testing, consumer retail and Internet media industries.
Presentations and Speaking Engagements
- The SEC Institute’s 32nd Annual SEC Reporting and FASB Forum, MD&A, Gearing Up for Year-End Reporting, San Francisco, CA – December 19-20, 2016.
- 2016 Public Company Seminar, MD&A Disclosure, Irvine, CA - January 26, 2016.
- The SEC Institute’s 30th Annual SEC Reporting and FASB Forum, MD&A, Now and the Future, Coronado, CA - November 20-21, 2014.
- The SEC Institute’s 29th Annual SEC Reporting and FASB Forum, MD&A Processes, San Diego, CA - November 18-19, 2013.
- The SEC Institute’s 28th Mid-Year SEC Reporting and FASB Forum, MD&A – Managing the Risk of High-Risk Disclosure, San Francisco, CA - June 24-25, 2013.
Professional and Community Involvement
- American Bar Association
- State Bar of California
- Orange County Bar Association
- Partner, Troutman Sanders LLP, 2012-present
- Partner, Rutan & Tucker, LLP, 2007-2012
- Associate, Rutan & Tucker, LLP, 1999-2006
- University of California, Hastings College of the Law, J.D., 1999
- California State University, San Diego, B.S., Finance, 1996