949.622.2711; Mobile: 714.496.4989
Jennifer Trusso Salinas is a litigator who focuses her practice on intellectual property litigation as well as strategic counseling on patent, trademark, trade secret and copyright matters. Jennifer has lead counsel and trial experience for a number of large patent and trademark infringement matters and is particularly skilled in managing large client teams. She has extensive experience in patent infringement litigation involving medical devices, pharmaceuticals, nutraceuticals, computer hardware and software, electrical and mechanical technologies, and semiconductor manufacturing equipment. Jennifer has a track record of successfully resolving cases on summary judgment. She has appeared in federal courts around the country, including the Eastern District of Texas, Delaware District Court, and all District Courts in California. In addition, Jennifer has litigated patent licensing disputes before the ICC. Jennifer has argued before the Federal Circuit, 9th Circuit and California Court of Appeals.
- Represented medical device company in a patent infringement action involving spinal implants. The case settled favorably.
- Currently representing biotech company in patent licensing dispute in the Central District of California and the ICC (Zurich, Switzerland) involving DNA probes.
- Currently representing large computer technology company in patent licensing dispute in the District of Delaware.
- Currently representing large computer technology company in patent licensing dispute in the Eastern District of Texas.
- Represented defendant high end digital printing manufacturing company in patent infringement action in the Middle District of Florida concerning variable data printing technology. Case settled on favorable terms to the client.
- Represented large computer technology company in multi-district DRAM and flash memory patent infringement and anti-trust cases.
- Represented plaintiff software company in patent infringement case in Central District of California and Southern District of New York concerning its debt collection software. Case settled on favorable terms to client.
- Represented defendant health care information technology company in patent infringement case in Eastern District of Texas concerning Picture Archive Communication Systems (PACS) brought by well known patent troll. Case settled on favorable terms to the client.
- Represented defendant software company in copyright infringement case in Central District of California concerning website design software. Plaintiff dismissed case after mediation.
- Prevailed on behalf of generic pharmaceutical company in a Hatch-Waxman Paragraph IV patent infringement case involving a low molecular weight heparin. Won at trial and on appeal based on a finding that the patent was unenforceable due to inequitable conduct.
- Represented plaintiff nutraceutical company in a patent infringement action against a competitor involving nutritional supplements for joint pain. The case settled favorably.
- Represented medical device manufacturer in a patent infringement action involving surgical robots. The case settled favorably after obtaining summary judgment in favor of client.
- Represented wireless technology company in misappropriation of trade secrets dispute involving wireless location technology. The competitor had illegally filed a patent application on technology developed by the client. The case settled favorably, which included competitor assigning the patent application and additional technology to the client.
- Represented large semiconductor company in business, licensing and general intellectual property Represented patent owner in computer-aided manufacturing patent infringement litigation. Case settled favorably after Court construed claims in accordance with patent owner's proposed constructions.
- Represented client in patent cross-actions involving remote computer access technology. The case settled favorably.
- Represented public wireless telecommunications infrastructure company in business and general intellectual property disputes. Full victory after contested arbitration.
- Prevailed on behalf of a maker of semiconductor manufacturing equipment in a patent infringement case involving pattern recognition and alignment systems. Won summary judgment holding the patent invalid based on anticipation and obviousness. Affirmed by the Federal Circuit.
- Represented sunglass company in patent infringement action involving lens shape and manufacturing technology. The case settled after several favorable rulings for our client.
- Represented sunglass company in a patent infringement action involving polarized polyurethane-based lenses. The case settled favorably.
- Represented sunglass company in patent infringement litigation involving Bluetooth technology in sunglass frames. The case is currently on appeal.
- Represented defendant sunglass company in patent infringement action in Southern District of Florida concerning magnetic clip-on eyewear. The Court granted summary judgment in favor of client.
- Represented large manufacturing company in patent infringement litigation involving automotive fluid replacement devices.
- Represented defendant in a trademark infringement case involving ink jet refill cartridges. The court granted summary judgment of noninfringement.
Presentations and Speaking Engagements
- Speaker, "Which Inventions Are Still Protected? Intellectual Property Protection Following the Supreme Court's Most Recent Decisions," Hispanic National Bar Association, March 19, 2015
- Panelist, "Impact of the America Invents Act ("AIA") Patent Reform Measure," Hispanic National Bar Association, August 22-26, 2012
- Panelist, "Defending Against Patent Assertions from a NPE (Non-Practicing Entity)," Annual HNBA (Hispanic National Bar Association) Convention, September 9, 2010
- Panelist, Ernst & Young Holiday Professional Women's Network Event, December 11, 2008
Professional and Community Involvement
- Member, Markey Intellectual Property Inn of Court
- Member, Latina Lawyers Bar Association
- Member, State Bar of California
- Member, Orange County Bar Association
- Executive Committee and Member, Hispanic National Bar Association
- Board of Directors, Federal Bar Association, Orange County Division
- Member, National Latina Business Women Association of Orange County
- Member, Women Attorneys Leadership Council
- Member, Charter 100
- Loyola Law School, Los Angeles, J.D., cum laude, 1998
Order of the Coif
- San Diego State University, B.A., 1995
District of Columbia