Jennifer Bojorquez has extensive experience with a variety of commercial real estate transactions, including all aspects of financing, purchase and sale and leasing transactions. Jennifer counsels lenders, developers and investors on a variety of real estate finance transactions, including loan originations on single lender, multi-lender and syndicated project loans involving resorts, residential developments, master planned communities, and commercial, retail and industrial buildings. Jennifer also represents DUS lenders on Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac multifamily loan origination and servicing matters. Through her experience representing clients on troubled loan transactions, Jennifer has gained an invaluable understanding of structuring, negotiating and documenting finance transactions. In addition, Jennifer represents clients on a wide variety of purchase and sale and leasing matters on multifamily, office, and other commercial properties.
Jennifer frequently presents seminars to clients on a variety of real estate and real estate finance issues.
Below is a short representative list of matters on which Jennifer has worked in the last few years:
- Represented a national bank in a $17 million construction loan to finance the acquisition and rehabilitation of a multifamily complex.
- Represented a national bank in a $74 million loan to finance the acquisition and rehabilitation of a multifamily complex.
- Represented a lender in a $5.9 million bridge loan for a 68-unit multifamily apartment complex.
- Represented a lender in a $4.9 million bridge loan for a multifamily complex.
- Represented a lender in a $6 million construction loan to finance an industrial/warehouse building in Fairfield, California.
- Represented a lender in a $26.7 million construction loan for a new manufactured housing community in Pacifica, California.
- Represented a lender in a $48.1 million bridge loan on a collateral pool of five multifamily complexes.
- Represented a borrower in a term loan to finance multiple Freddie Mac multifamily housing complexes.
- Represented a lender in a $22.8 million term loan to finance a large townhome development.
- Represented a lender on the refinance of two loans on shopping centers in Southern California, one of which is ground leased.
- Represented a DUS lender on $10 million loan on multifamily project in San Diego County.
- Represented a lender on $46 million acquisition loan to REIT on office and retail building in San Francisco.
- Represented a lender on a syndicated $55 million construction loan for branded resort hotel and condominium project and on the sale of the property following foreclosure.
- Represented an agent bank and lender on a $390 million revolving line of credit to a national homebuilder for acquisition and development of an in-fill mixed use project.
- Represented an agent bank and lender on $360 million revolving line of credit to a national homebuilder for acquisition and development of an in-fill mixed use project.
- Represented several national servicers on various Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac multi-family loan servicing matters, including issues on securitized loans.
- Represented regional homebuilder in obtaining acquisition and construction financing from private lender on multiple projects.
- Represented a lender on the sale of several notes sold through auction.
- Represented a lender on the sale of multiple broken resort, commercial and residential projects throughout California.
- Represented a lender in the sale of more than 50 OREO assets, including condominium projects, office and industrial buildings and restaurants.
Presentations and Speaking Engagements
- Speaker, Update on Real Estate Secured Loan Review and Credit Risk, Webinar, June 2014.
- Speaker, Real Estate Loan Commitment Letters & Term Sheets: Negotiating Key Terms, Strafford Webinar, April 2014.
- Speaker, Understanding California's New Limited Liability Company Law, Orange County Bar Association, July 2013.
- Moderator, Weathering the Perfect Storm: Loan workouts and Company Restructuring, CREW-OC, July 2009.
- Panelist, How Lenders Can Maximize Recovery on Non-Performing Assets (REOs and Notes), JMBM/Carlton Exchange Webinar, September 2009.
- Panelist, Understanding and Underwriting the Purchase of Distressed Assets (REOs and Notes), JMBM/Carlton Exchange Webinar, September 2009.
Professional and Community Involvement
- Commercial Real Estate Women (CREW), Orange County, Program Chairman (2015), Sponsorship Chairperson (2008-2010)
- Board of Directors, Human Options (2010 - 2013)
- Orange County Bar Association, Real Estate and Finance Sections
- Firm Memberships: Member, Associate Review Committee; Member, Opinion Committee; and Member, Women's Forum Committee
Rankings and Recognition
- Orange County Business Journal "Women in Business" Award Nominee (2011 & 2012)
- Selected as a Southern California "Rising Star" in Real Estate by Southern California Super Lawyers Magazine (2007)
- Villanova University, J.D.,
- James Madison University, B.A.,
magna cum laude