Heather Ducat is of counsel at Troutman Sanders LLP in the Corporate practice. Her practice focuses on the representation of public companies in connection with corporate governance, Sarbanes-Oxley, securities regulations, NYSE and NASDAQ listing standards, security offerings, and mergers and acquisitions. Heather’s responsibilities include advising public companies on compliance with federal securities laws, communicating with and advising senior executives and directors, drafting public disclosure documents and drafting and negotiating public offering documents.
- Advisor to companies on corporate governance, NYSE and NASDAQ listing standards, and state fiduciary duties.
- Advisor to public companies on securities law compliance, including Exchange Act reporting obligations.
- Representation of issuers and investment banking firms in a variety of equity and debt finance transactions.
- Advisor to public companies in connection with their merger and acquisition activities.
- Advisor to issuers and underwriters in connection with FINRA Corporate Financing Department filings.
- Representation of Beazer Homes USA, Inc. in its concurrent issuance of $57.5 million in convertible notes and $103.2 million of common stock.
- Representation of Beazer Homes USA, Inc. in its concurrent issuance of $300 million in senior notes, $75.0 million in tangible equity units and $72.6 million of common stock.
- Designated underwriters counsel for publicly held buyout and mezzanine investment company with aggregate offerings of approximately $6.3 billion.
- Representation of coal company in $1 billion public offering of convertible debt and common stock and related tender offer to repurchase $335 million of debt.
- Representation of public energy operating company in connection with $350 million registered debt offerings.
- Representation of public biopharmaceutical company in connection with its $2.6 billion sale to a multinational biopharmaceutical company.
- Representation of telecommunications company in connection with 144A debt offering.
- Representation of pubic pharmaceutical company in $140 million offering of convertible debt and related hedging activities.
- Representation of internet service provider in acquisition of privately held company.
- Representation of Matria Healthcare, Inc. in connection with its $1.1 billion acquisition by Iverness Medical Innovations, Inc.
Rankings and Recognition
- Selected as a Rising Star in Securities & Corporate Finance by Law & Politics and Atlanta Magazine (2009, 2012).
- Of Counsel, Troutman Sanders LLP, 2015-present
- Associate, Troutman Sanders LLP, 2006-2014
- Associate, Hunton & Williams LLP, 2004-2006