Gary Knopf is an associate in the Real Estate practice. He represents clients in all aspects of commercial real estate transactions, including the acquisition, disposition and development of office, retail and mixed-use properties. He also represents both landlords and tenants in commercial leasing and ground lease transactions.
- Representation of national quick service restaurant company in the acquisition and ground leasing of sites throughout the United States.
- Representation of public REIT in the purchase of a 460,000 square-foot and 205,000 square-foot office building for $157,000,000 and $80,000,000, respectively.
- Representation of private investment firm in the $210,000,000 sale of an 814,000 square-foot office building in Dunwoody, Georgia.
- Representation of owner and developer of a 26-acre mixed use site in Alpharetta, Georgia in all aspects of the development of, and sale of portions of, the project, which is being developed for office, retail, multi-family and hotel.
- Representation of owner and developer of an office campus in Dunwoody, Georgia consisting of 600,000 square feet of office space in Phase I of the project and up to 1,150,000 square feet of office space in Phase II of the project.
- Representation of private real estate company in the $35,000,000 sale of 200-unit apartment complex.
- Project leasing counsel to owner of approximately 800,000 square feet of Class A office space in the metro Atlanta area.
Professional and Community Involvement
- Leadership Buckhead, 2014-2015
- Anti-Defamation League, Glass Leadership Institute, 2013-2014
Rankings and Recognition
- Selected as a Rising Star in Real Estate by Thomson Reuters Georgia Super Lawyers (2016 and 2017).
- Associate, Troutman Sanders LLP, 2011-present
- University of Georgia, J.D., cum laude, 2010
- Indiana University, B.S., 2007
U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit
U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Georgia
U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Georgia
Supreme Court of Georgia
Georgia Court of Appeals