Christopher Vinyard's practice focuses on commercial lending, asset based lending, real estate lending and public finance. Chris routinely represents banks (including national banks, regional banks and community banks) and other financial institutions in a broad range of lending transactions, including revolving credit facilities, term loans, secured and unsecured loans, and “club” and syndicated loans (as counsel to the agent and/or individual lenders). Chris also has expertise representing banks and other financial institutions in public finance transactions, whether by providing credit and/or liquidity enhancement for variable rate municipal bonds or though the direct purchase of fixed or variable rate municipal bonds. In addition, Chris routinely represents underwriters and remarketing agents in both fixed and variable rate municipal bond transactions.
- Represented an aerospace manufacturer and launch services company in obtaining a senior syndicated revolving credit facility.
- Represented Icelandic banks in senior and subordinated credit facilities for a global seafood company.
- Represented a power generation facility in obtaining replacement senior credit facilities including substitute letters of credit securing variable rate tax-exempt bonds.
- Underwriter's counsel for $120 million in tax-exempt refunding bonds for a large Virginia-based hospital system.
- Represented bank purchaser of tax-exempt bonds for a non-profit retirement community.
- Represented a bank in providing more than $58 million in credit facilities (including ABL and real estate loan facilities) secured by personal property and more than 100 parcels of real property in multiple jurisdictions.
- Represented a bank (as both administrative agent and a lender) in providing $115 million in credit facilities for a regional wine distributor in a multi-bank (“club”) transaction secured by personal property.
- Represented a bank in providing a $20 million asset based line of credit to a borrower in the healthcare industry.
- Represented a bank in the direct purchase of more than $160 million in tax-exempt bonds for a large hospital system in Virginia, secured as parity obligations under a master trust indenture (MTI).
- Represented a bank (as both administrative agent and a lender) in providing $215 million in senior syndicated credit facilities (including ABL and term loan facilities) for a borrower in the tobacco industry.
- Represented a large hospital system in Virginia in connection with borrowing more than $200 million through a combination of direct purchase tax-exempt bonds and a conventional (taxable) line of credit, secured as parity obligations under a master trust indenture (MTI).
Professional and Community Involvement
- Virginia Bar Association
- Virginia State Bar
- National Association of Bond Lawyers
Rankings and Recognition
- Recognized in The Best Lawyers in America in Banking and Finance Law (2016-2017).
- Selected as a Virginia "Rising Star" in Business/Corporate Law by Law & Politics' Virginia Super Lawyers Magazine in (2007, 2009-2011).
- Leadership Metro Richmond 2009-2010.