Anne Dailey represents clients before the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission (“FERC”), with an emphasis on electric transmission-related issues for investor-owned public utilities. Anne has extensive experience advising clients regarding compliance with the Federal Power Act, FERC regulations, and North American Electric Reliability Corporation (“NERC”) standards.
- Advise investor-owned electric utility on compliance with Federal Energy Regulatory Commission (“FERC”) Order Nos. 888, 890, and 1000, including preparation and filing of compliance filings and revisions to Open Access Transmission Tariff (“OATT”).
- Advise and counsel gas pipeline clients on precedent agreements and related materials for pipeline expansion project.
- Represent clients during FERC-initiated enforcement and investigation processes, including risk analysis and evaluation.
- Represented investor-owned electric utility in successful withdrawal from Regional Transmission Organization (“RTO”).
- Advise clients regarding FERC transmission pricing policy for system expansions and upgrades.
- Draft, negotiate, and advise clients on wires-to-wires transmission interconnection agreements.
- Advise clients on compliance with North American Electric Reliability Corporation (“NERC”) requirements, including audits by regional reliability entities.
- Perform regulatory and related due diligence for acquisition of utility assets.
- Represent clients in litigation and settlement discussions related to the California Energy Crisis of 2000-2001.
- Co-authored with Todd R. Coles, Utilities and Renewable Energy: To Buy or to Build, Law360, 2009.
- (as Anne K. Mitchell) Electric Utility Restructuring After California, Edward L. Flippen and Anne K. Mitchell, Journal of Energy & Natural Resources Law Vol 21 No 1 (2003).
Rankings and Recognition
- Named to Virginia Business magazine’s Legal Elite as Young Lawyer Under 40 (2007)
- Partner, Troutman Sanders LLP, 2013-present
- Associate, Troutman Sanders LLP, 2005-2012
- Associate, McGuire Woods LLP, 2004-2005
- Senior Legal Research Associate, Critical Infrastructure Protection Project, 2003-2004