Chair - Corporate
Executive Committee Member
Andrea Farley focuses on the representation of public and private companies in negotiating a variety of corporate reorganization transactions, including mergers, acquisitions, divestitures and joint ventures, and has particular experience representing specialty finance companies in their M&A transactions. In addition, Andrea represents private equity funds and their portfolio companies in connection with mergers, acquisitions, corporate reorganizations and general corporate matters.
- Representation of BB&T Corporation (NYSE: BBT) in the sale of its direct consumer finance lending company to The Blackstone Group L.P., the acquisition of UnionBanc Insurance Services, the acquisition of the non-affiliated premium finance business from Aon Corporation, the sale of BB&T’s payroll division to ADP, and the reorganization of BB&T’s asset management business.
- Representation of Atlanticus Holdings Corporation (NASDAQ: ATLC), a provider of credit and related financial services to consumers, in various mergers & acquisitions and capital markets transactions.
- Representation of Mangrove Equity Partners, L.P., a lower middle market private equity firm, in the acquisition and sale of several of its portfolio companies.
- Representation of Jefferson Capital Systems in its acquisition of Liberty Holdings, LLC and other portfolio acquisitions.
- Representation of AGCO Corporation (NYSE: AGCO) in its public and private offering of convertible debt securities.
- Representation of EarthLink, Inc. (NASDAQ: ELNK), in the sale of Helio Inc. and the sale of various municipal wireless broadband operations.
- Representation of Newell Rubbermaid Inc. (NYSE: NWL) in the acquisition of a solder and flux business.
- Representation of Harren Equity Partners, LLC, a middle-market private investment firm, in the acquisition and sale of various portfolio companies.
- Representation of the Special Committee of Thomas Nelson, Inc., a publicly-held publisher and distributor, to a private equity group.
- Representation of Cotton States Life Insurance Company, a publicly-held insurance company, in its sale to COUNTRY Insurance and the affiliation of its property and casualty insurance with COUNTRY Insurance.
Presentations and Speaking Engagements
- Panelist, "Sales & Purchase Agreements: Defining what "market" means," Third Annual Professional Learning Session of the Atlanta Corporate Development Leadership Network, November 2015 (Atlanta, GA)
- Panelist, “State of the M&A Market,” 8th Annual Southeastern M&A/Private Equity Forum, October 2012 (Atlanta, GA)
- Moderator, “State of the M&A Market,” 7th Annual Southeastern M&A/Private Equity Forum, October 2011 (Atlanta, GA)
Professional and Community Involvement
- State Bar of Georgia
- Board of Directors, Zoo Atlanta
- Board of Directors, Carl E. Sanders YMCA
- Advisory Board, Metro Atlanta Chamber of Commerce
Rankings and Recognition
- University of Florida Athletic Hall of Fame (Tennis), 2004
- Selected as a Georgia Rising Star in Mergers & Acquisitions by Law & Politics and Atlanta Magazine (2005-2011)
- Selected as Georgia Trend's Legal Elite (2007-2015)
- Selected as one of the top 12 young Atlanta lawyers "On the Rise" by The Fulton County Daily Report (2009)
- Recognized in The Legal 500 United States for M&A/Corporate (2016).
- Partner, Troutman Sanders LLP, 2004-present
Executive Committee, 2009-present
Chair of Hiring Committee, 2007-2009
Hiring Committee, 2004-2009
- Associate, Troutman Sanders LLP, 1997-2003
- Vanderbilt University, J.D., 1997
Vanderbilt Law Review
- University of Florida, B.A., with honors, 1993
Phi Beta Kappa