Stan Hammer is an associate at Troutman Sanders in the White Collar & Government Investigations and Intellectual Property practices. He represents individuals and corporations in all phases of civil and criminal litigation, and has experience in internal investigations, compliance, and enforcement actions. Since joining the firm, Stan has litigated cases involving patent, trademark, and trade dress infringement; allegations under the False Claims Act (FCA) and civil RICO statute; business torts; and the defense of mechanic’s liens related to a substantial residential construction project. Stan also has experience with Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (FCPA) matters.
Before joining Troutman Sanders, Stan served as a judicial law clerk to the Honorable James R. Spencer, United States District Court for the Eastern District of Virginia.
Rankings and Recognition
- Selected as a Virginia "Rising Star" in White Collar by Law & Politics' Virginia Super Lawyers Magazine, (2015).
- T.C. Williams Law School Scholarship Award (awarded by faculty for significant contribution to legal scholarship).
- Book Awards: Federal Courts, Administrative Law.
- Associate, Troutman Sanders LLP, 2012-present
- Law Clerk, the Honorable James R. Spencer, United States District Court for the Eastern District of Virginia, 2011–2012