As a member of the firm’s Intellectual Property practice, Puja Lea focuses her practice in intellectual property litigation, primarily in the area of patent litigation. In addition to patent litigation, Puja has also litigated on behalf of clients in the areas of copyright and trademark law, and also has litigation experience in commercial business disputes involving claims for breach of contract and business torts.
- Counsel for appellee in the Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit. Obtained affirmance of trial court’s judgment in its entirety, including for issues of willful infringement, prior public use, and obviousness.
- Counsel for international grinding media and wear resistant parts manufacturer in the Middle District of Tennessee. Obtained multi-million dollar judgment which multiplied damages for willful infringement, attorney fees and costs, and pre and post judgment interest.
- Counsel for one of nation's largest REITs in a fraud and conspiracy case. Obtained multi-million dollar comprising compensatory damages, attorney fees, and punitive damages.
Professional and Community Involvement
- Barrister, Bleckley Inn of Court
- Co-chair, American Bar Association, Young Lawyers Subcommittee, Intellectual Property Litigation Committee, Litigation Section
- Member, Aurora Theatre Board of Directors
- Member, Georgia Tech Intellectual Property Advisory Board
- Associate, Troutman Sanders LLP, 2010-present