Melvin Weinberg is a partner at Troutman Sanders with many years of experience in a broad array of corporate, securities and financial matters, including mergers and acquisitions, venture capital and private placement transactions, public offerings, hospitality transactions, project development and financing, international business dealings and general counsel representation to both public and private companies.
- Represented family-owned, NYC-based retail business in sale to foreign conglomerate.
- Represented clients in structuring joint ventures and implementing developments and property acquisitions.
- Represented foreign company in acquiring division of a large U.S. corporation.
- Represented U.S. owners and investors in development of projects on a worldwide basis.
- Represented foreign corporations in establishing and financing U.S. businesses.
- Represented international hotel company in selling U.S. hotel portfolio.
- Advised both hotel owners and hotel management companies in a wide variety of transactions, financings and other matters requiring legal representation.
Professional and Community Involvement
- New York State Bar Association
- Partner, Troutman Sanders LLP, 2005-present
- Partner, Jenkens & Gilchrist Parker Chapin LLP, 2001-2005
- Partner, Parker Chapin LLP, 1993-2001
- Partner, Fink Weinberger P.C., 1980-1993
- Associate, Fried, Frank, Harris, Shriver & Jacobson, 1973-1980
- Law Clerk to Judge Harry E. Kalodner, U.S. Court of Appeals, Third Circuit, 1972-1973