The media and entertainment litigators of Troutman Sanders have decades of experience advising clients in the media, entertainment, and sports industries on a full range of matters. We represent many of the world’s leading television networks and film studios, as well as professional sports teams, licensing companies, theatrical producers, and record companies. Our clients also include talent agencies, and individual artists, musicians and athletes.
Our experience and insight into problems faced by clients in the media and entertainment industries enable us to advise clients not only on the disputes that frequently arise, but also on issues arising from the rapid technological innovations in the industry that influence content creation and distribution.
We represent media and entertainment clients in federal and state courts across the country, in arbitration, and before regulatory and law-enforcement agencies. The range of disputes we have litigated is vast, and includes the following:
- Antitrust investigations and claims
- Claims involving digital/online content and platforms
- Contractual disputes
- Defamation claims
- Disputes involving intellectual property rights and licensing, including patents, trademarks, copyright and trade secrets
- Unfair competition disputes
- Claims involving investments and financings
- Labor and employment matters
- Corporate and shareholder disputes