Matthew Aaronson's practice focuses on commercial and business litigation in almost every area of commercial law, including contracts, corporate and partnership disputes, financial services, restrictive covenants, unfair competition, insurance, real estate, business torts and many other legal and equitable issues. Matthew also counsels and defends clients in federal, state and local regulatory matters. Matthew’s expertise covers all phases of litigation, including trials, appeals, arbitrations and mediations.
- Representation of international wood products manufacturer in dispute with seller of U.S. manufacturing facility over release of indemnity escrow funds.
- Representation of sellers of California licensed card room casino in dispute with purchaser and senior lender regarding post-closing adjustment to purchase price.
- Representation of international real estate developer in foreclosing on stalled NYC luxury condominium project.
- Representation of mortgage lender in foreclosure on 100,000 square foot warehouse in Maspeth, Queens.
- Representation of Chapter 11 Bankruptcy Trustee in ten NYC foreclosure actions arising out of a real estate investment ponzi scheme.
- Representation of private equity firm in connection in dispute with borrower under real estate acquisition loan.
- Representation of U.S. charter airline in action for breach of an aircraft lease.
- Representation of former parent of commercial airline in an action for default under a guaranty of an aircraft lease.
- Representation of low cost airline in an action for default under an aircraft lease.
- Representation of U.S. equity investor in litigation arising from defaults under lease transactions involving passenger rolling stock operated by domestic municipal transit agencies.
- Representation of condominium sponsor in dispute with purchasers who defaulted under purchase agreements.
- Representation of a national apparel retailer in action by a former supplier for tortious interference with contract and tortious interference with prospective business opportunities.
- Representation of a former head of a commodities desk in FINRA arbitration with former brokerage firm concerning post employment obligations.
- Representation of a former senior executive of an inter-dealer brokerage firm in dispute with former employer concerning constructive discharge and scope of restrictive covenants contained in employment and related agreements.
- Representation of a professional sports agent in a dispute with a former client.
- Representation of a professional athlete in a dispute with his former manager.
Professional and Community Involvement
- Member, Commercial Division Committee
- Commercial and Federal Litigation Section, New York State Bar Association
Rankings and Recognition
- Selected as New York “Rising Star” in Business Litigation by New York Super Lawyer Magazine-Metro Edition (2011-2014).
- Partner, Troutman Sanders LLP, 2008-present
- Associate, Troutman Sanders LLP, 2005-2007
- Associate, Jenkens & Gilchrist Parker Chapin LLP, 2000-2005
- Yeshiva University, J.D., 2000
Supervising Editor, Cardozo Law Review
- Tufts University, B.A., 1997
U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of New York
U.S. District Court for the Northern District of New York
U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York
U.S. Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit