Erin Watstein is an associate in the Construction practice at Troutman Sanders LLP. Her practice focuses primarily on the prosecution and defense of construction claims in court or before arbitration panels. She represents nationally and world-prominent construction, energy, and insurance clients and has obtained favorable results for clients at every stage of the litigation process.
In addition to her construction work, Erin also represents insurers, including one of Georgia’s largest Medicaid CMOs, in litigation at all levels of Georgia Courts and at the Georgia Office of State Administrative Hearings.
- Co-counsel representing a leading power plant constructor, manufacturer, and designer in arbitration involving in excess of US $100 million in claims related to supply of CFB boiler to Louisiana utility.
- Co-counsel to leading boiler designer and manufacturer in multi-party arbitration involving in excess of US $500 million in claims related to supply and erection of 700 MW Benson OTU boiler. Project is the largest privately funded construction project in West Virginia history.
- Assisted in representation of electric utility in defense of private CERCLA contribution and cost recovery action arising from PCB contamination.
Recent Publications “
- “Recent Court of Appeals Ruling Establishes Personal Liability for Construction Company Obligations,” Construction Law Newsletter & Georgia Construction Law Update - Atlanta Bar Association, Spring 2015.
- “California’s Internet Eraser Law: A Clean Slate for Teens?” Information Intersection, January 24, 2014.
- “New York Attorneys Given Green Light to Address Client Social Media Issues,” Information Intersection, October 18, 2013.
- “Discovery Rules – Change is Coming,” Information Intersection, June 26, 2013.
- “Down in the Dumps – The Potentially Costly Consequences of Drowning The Other Side in Data,” Information Intersection, January 4, 2013.
- “ABA to Lawyers – “Ignorance of Technology is not an Excuse” Information Intersection , November 5, 2012.
- “'Waive'-ing Goodbye to Privilege Protection,” Information Intersection, September 25, 2012.
- “'Training' the System: The Benefits, Risks and Practical Applications of Predictive Coding,” Information Intersection, August 16, 2012.
- “Potential Conflicts Between the Duty to Cooperate With Respect to Pre-Trial ESI Discovery and the Duty to Protect Privileged Information,” Information Intersection, July 12, 2012.
- “Facebook ‘Likes’ – Protected Speech or Not?” Information Intersection, May 31, 2012.
- “Cost Shifting in E-Discovery: Will it be Available to You?” Information Intersection , May 3, 2012.
- “Hal and me: Accepting technology’s imperfections,” The National Law Journal, August 22, 2011 (Co-author).
- “A Feast of Facebook,” Information Intersection, December 2, 2010.
- “'The Social Network' – Now Available at Your Local Courthouse,” Information Intersection, October 21, 2010.
- “How True is That Voodoo? Authenticating Internet Sources of ESI,” Information Intersection, October 8, 2010.
Professional and Community Involvement
- Atlanta Bar Association (Litigation and Young Lawyer Sections; member, Community Service Committee)
- University of Florida Alumni Association
- Georgetown University Alumni Association
Rankings and Recognition
- Associate, Troutman Sanders LLP, 2010-present
- University of Florida, J.D., cum laude, 2009
Order of the Coif
Staff member, Florida Law Review
- Georgetown University, B.S., cum laude, 2006