Kris Henman represents institutional clients in commercial financing transactions with a broad range of borrowers including high net worth individuals, public and private corporations, life science and technology companies, healthcare providers, real estate investment funds, venture capital funds and other private equity funding entities. He has represented national and community banks, public and private financing firms, and other investment funds, advisors and managers in a variety of financing structures including syndicated, senior secured, mezzanine and unsecured financings. His practice involves both domestic and international transactions and multiple currency loans, including secured financing in the Cayman Islands, China, Hong Kong, Korea, Israel, and Europe. Kris has expertise in loan workouts and restructurings, bankruptcy, creditor’s rights and a variety of asset-based lending transactions including those secured by government accounts, real estate, intellectual property, equipment, and capital calls.
- Represented a secured lender in an $8 million guidance line of credit to a real estate company for tax lien certificate purchases.
- Represented a secured lender in a $7.5 million term loan and a $2 million revolving line of credit to a digital content company and its subsidiary.
- Represented a lender in a $1.5 million secured revolving line of credit to bioscience technology company.
- Represented a lender on a $4 million secured term loan to a medical device company.
- Represented a lender on a $15 million senior secured recurring revenue line of credit.
- Represented secured lender in a bridge loan guaranteed by various venture capital investors and secured by funds pledged by additional venture capital investors.
- Represented a lender in a growth capital loan to mobile app provider with assets in Singapore, China and Cayman Islands, including intellectual property.
- Represented a secured lender in a $4 million loan to borrowers formed in the Cayman Islands, the People’s Republic of China and Hong Kong.
- Represented a secured lender in a $60 million capital call facility.
- Represented domestic and Canadian lenders in a $9.5 million multi-currency loan secured by blanket lien on assets in United States and Canada.
- Represented an agent bank in a syndicated multi-currency $1.5 billion loan to more than 30 borrowers.
- Represented a secured lender in a $20 million construction loan to a church.
- Represented a secured lender in the successful workout/restructuring of a $30 million commercial real estate loan.
- Represented a secured lender in a $10 million loan transaction secured by lien on assets in the United Kingdom.
- Represented a secured lender in a $12.5 million loan transaction secured by lien on leaseholder interests in youth hostels.
- Represented a secured lender in an $8 million loan to nonprofit organization secured by lien on accounts and contribution database.
- Represented a secured lender in a foreclosure on intellectual property and equipment of tech company.
- Represented an investment fund in a $20 million term loan made as investment on behalf of a pension benefit fund.
- Represented a secured lender in a series of bridge loans guaranteed by various venture capital investors and secured by funds pledged by additional venture capital investors.
Professional and Community Involvement