Kris Henman represents institutional clients in commercial financing transactions with a broad range of borrowers including high net worth individuals, public and private corporations, life science and technology companies, healthcare providers, real estate investment funds, venture capital funds and other private equity funding entities. He has represented national and community banks, public and private financing firms, and other investment funds, advisors and managers in a variety of financing structures including syndicated, senior secured, mezzanine and unsecured financings. His practice involves both domestic and international transactions and multiple currency loans, including secured financing in the Cayman Islands, China, Hong Kong, Korea, Israel, and Europe. Kris has expertise in loan workouts and restructurings, bankruptcy, creditor’s rights and a variety of asset-based lending transactions including those secured by government accounts, real estate, intellectual property, equipment, and capital calls.
- Representation of secured lender in a $4,000,000 loan to borrowers formed in the Cayman Islands, the People’s Republic of China and Hong Kong.
- Representation of secured lender in $60,000,000 capital call facility.
- Representation of domestic and Canadian lenders in $9,500,000 multi-currency loan secured by blanket lien on assets in United States and Canada.
- Representation of agent bank in syndicated multi-currency $1,500,000,000 loan to over 30 borrowers.
- Representation of secured lender on $20,000,000 construction loan to a church.
- Representation of secured lender in successful workout/restructuring of $30,000,000 commercial real estate loan.
- Representation of secured lender in a $10,000,000 loan transaction secured by lien on assets in the United Kingdom.
- Representation of secured lender in a $12,500,000 loan transaction secured by lien on leaseholder interests in youth hostels.
- Representation of secured lender in a $8,000,000 loan to nonprofit organization secured by lien on accounts and contribution database.
- Representation of secured lender in foreclosure on intellectual property and equipment of tech company.
- Representation of investment fund in a $20,000,000 term loan made as investment on behalf of a pension benefit fund
- Representation of secured lender in a series of bridge loans guaranteed by various venture capital investors and secured by funds pledged by additional venture capital investors
Professional and Community Involvement
- Partner, Troutman Sanders LLP, 2013-present
- Associate, Troutman Sanders LLP, 2005-2012
- Law Clerk for the Honorable Jackson L. Kiser, U.S. District Court for the Western District of Virginia, 2004-2005
- George Mason University, J.D., magna cum laude, 2004
- Georgetown University, B.S., 1998