Anthony Greene is a partner in the real estate practice at Troutman Sanders, where he practices out of both the New York and Atlanta offices. Anthony routinely counsels developers, owners, investors, REITs and lenders, nationally and internationally, in all aspects of commercial real estate transactions, including the acquisition, disposition and development of office, retail and mixed-use properties; 1031 tax free exchanges; commercial mortgage, mezzanine and construction financing; acquisition and sale of distressed debt; and joint ventures and restructurings. He also represents both landlords and tenants in commercial leasing and ground lease transactions.
- Counsel to real estate investment trust in $163,000,000 sale of 750,000 square feet shopping center in Tennessee.
- Counsel to real estate investment company in the $81,000,000 sale of an office building located at 31 West 27th Street in Manhattan.
- Counsel to joint venture in development of mixed use project at Emory University in Atlanta, Georgia containing over 122,000 square feet of retail space and 745 apartments.
- Counsel to charitable organization in the development and financing of the National College Football Hall of Fame in Atlanta, Georgia.
- Counsel to real estate investment trust, as borrower, in $188,830,000.00 loan secured by a three building, 1.3 million square foot office complex in Houston, Texas.
- Counsel to lender in $287,182,422.00 loan secured by 65 healthcare facilities located in 20 states.
- Counsel to exchanger in sale of $60,000,000 office building in Manhattan and purchase of $80,000,000 office building in Manhattan as part of 1031 tax-free exchange, which also included negotiation of $48,000,000 acquisition financing.
- Counsel to Japan-based real estate developer and investment group in the US$200 million purchase and financing of a 2.3-million-square-foot bonded logistics and warehousing facility located in the Wai Gao Qiao Bonded Logistics Park, Shanghai, China and US$120,000,000 refinancing of the credit facility, which transaction was awarded “Deal of the Year (Banking)” honors from legal journal China Law & Practice.
- Partner, Troutman Sanders LLP, 2013-present
- Associate, Troutman Sanders, LLP, 2001-2012
- University of Virginia, J.D., 2001
- Emory University, B.A., 1997