Amanda Mann is a partner in the Raleigh office of Troutman Sanders. Her core practice focuses on real estate development, licensing and compliance, land use, finance, and energy and infrastructure. Amanda’s practice also includes representation of clients in connection with land use diligence, alcohol and other permitting, inspection and entitlement matters. She has represented clients in connection with enhancing their relationships with state and local governmental and regulatory bodies to help facilitate successful outcomes for their most complex land use and real estate needs.
Licensing and Compliance
- Licensing counsel to national retailers in connection with state and local alcohol regulations, state Departments of Revenue, and health department permitting and inspection processes for new and expanded facilities.
- Represented a national retailer in licensing and compliance issues in all Southeast states and New York.
- Managed ABC and compliance permitting for multiple wine stores, breweries, hotels and entertainment venues across multiple states.
- Counsel to a national retailer in the appeal of property tax assessments through the North Carolina Property Tax Commission.
- Represented a UK clothing company in connection with determining California alcohol licensing requirements in order to finalize a temporary shopping location in Los Angeles.
- Represented a charter school company in its negotiations with the North Carolina DOT in connection with right of way location and acquisition matters impacting the opening timeframe for a school in Mecklenburg County.
Real Estate Development and Land Use
- Land use counsel to a hotel corporation in connection with redevelopment due diligence under small area plan regulations.
- Real estate and land use counsel to a national retailer in the zoning, site plan, annexation, permitting and entitlements processes as well as negotiations with and hearings before state Commerce Departments and Departments of Transportation for new and expanded facilities in the Southeast United States.
- Represented a national outdoor entertainment venue in connection with land use procedures and due diligence review for multiple sites in the Southeast.
- Represent a national poultry company in land use due diligence and litigation support in connection with the location of a chicken hatchery in eastern North Carolina.
- Represent a national chemicals company in connection with the acquisition and disposition of multiple sites across the Southeast.
- Represent a real estate holdings company in connection with the performance of extensive and corrective land use and entitlements review of multiple office properties located in Research Triangle Park, NC, in advance of the acquisition and financing thereof.
- Represented a national retailer in connection with obtaining approximately $12 million in state and local incentives for the location and construction of an approximately 445,000 square foot distribution center and the acquisition of a 185-acre assemblage
- Represented a national chemicals company in its relocation to North Carolina and the negotiation and receipt of a state level incentives package.
- Represented an international retail company in connection with the creation, location, acquisition, and licensing of new prototypical formats in Huntsville, AL.
- Represented a local entity in connection with the $10 million refinancing plan involving the intensive restructuring and pledge of LLC membership interests.
- Represent lending institutions in complex foreclosures of large subdivision, raw land and income-producing properties.
- Represented a real estate investment company as a mezzanine lender with respect to approximately $32 million in bridge, mezzanine, and construction loan financing for the rehabilitation of an historic structure in Charleston, SC.
- Represented a borrower with respect to approximately $55 million in mezzanine and construction loan financing for the design and construction of a student housing project in Raleigh, NC.
- Represented a borrower and joint venture partner with respect to approximately $53 million in joint venture financing and expansive corporate restructuring of shopping center property in Raleigh, NC in partnership with JP Morgan.
- Local counsel for structured and syndicated financing transactions collectively exceeding $400 million.
- • Real estate counsel for national companies in their acquisition and disposition of property properties for rendering, recycling and manufacturing facilities in central and eastern North Carolina.
Energy and Infrastructure
- Real estate counsel for a national lender in connection with the sale and lease-back of a 6MW solar facility in Arizona.
- Real estate counsel for an international chemicals storage company in its $18 million acquisition of a port facility.
- Real estate counsel for an international energy company in its negotiation for the sale of a natural gas pipeline.
- Real estate counsel for an international energy company regarding the North Carolina Utilities Commission regulations.
- Real estate counsel for a national lender in connection with the sale and lease-back of an 8MW solar facility in Ohio.
- Real estate counsel for a chemical company in its acquisition of property for a rendering and recycling facility in central North Carolina.
- “Selling out the Farm? The Impact of the Farm Security and Rural Investment Act of 2002 on Lending Institutions and the Small Farmer,” 10 N.C. Banking Institute J. 243 (2005).
Professional and Community Involvement
- Board of Directors, American Diabetes Association, Raleigh/Eastern North Carolina Chapter
- UNC School of Law Alumni Group
- Practice Coordinating Partner, Troutman Sanders Real Estate Section Leadership Committee
- Member, Troutman Sanders Retirement & Disability Committee; Women’s Forum Committee and; Recruiting Committee
- Advisory Council Member, North Carolina Ports Authority
- National Association of Licensing & Compliance Professionals
- International Council of Shopping Centers
- The Rocky Mountain Mineral Law Institute
- Member, Building Committee and School Advisory Committee, St. Mary Magdalene Church
Rankings and Recognition
- Selected as a Rising Star in Real Estate: Business in the 2012 and 2014-2016 editions of North Carolina Super Lawyers, published by Law & Politics and Charlotte Magazine.
- Executive Editor, North Carolina Banking Institute Journal, 2005-2006.
- Partner, Troutman Sanders LLP, 2015-present
- Associate, Troutman Sanders LLP, 2007-2014
- Associate, Smith Moore LLP, 2006-2007
- University of North Carolina, J.D., 2006
- University of North Carolina, B.A., with distinction, 2003