Amanda Mann is an associate in the Raleigh office of Troutman Sanders. Her core real estate practice spans several practices, focusing on real estate development, licensing, and land use, finance, and energy and infrastructure.
Energy and Infrastructure
- Real estate counsel to developer in connection with review of mineral leases, non-participating royalty agreements, and preparation of deed transaction for acquisition of fractional mineral rights and easements in Texas.
- Real estate counsel to developer in connection with review of hard mineral leases and compilation of due diligence requirements.
- Real estate counsel for national lender in connection with the sale and lease-back of a 6MW solar facility in Arizona.
- Real estate counsel for energy company in connection with review of leases and land use due diligence for placement of solar panels.
- Real estate counsel for international chemicals storage company in its $18,000,000 acquisition of port facility.
- Real estate counsel for international energy company in its negotiation for sale of natural gas pipeline.
- Real estate counsel for international energy company regarding North Carolina Utilities Commission regulations.
- Real estate counsel for national lender in connection with the sale and lease-back of an 8MW solar facility in Ohio.
- Real estate counsel for utility company in its acquisition of property for location of distribution station in northeastern North Carolina.
- Real estate counsel in connection with review of mineral lease in West Virginia.
- Real estate counsel for chemical company in its acquisition of property for rendering and recycling facility in central North Carolina.
Real Estate Development, Licensing, and Land Use
- Land use counsel to hotel corporation in connection with redevelopment due diligence under small area plan regulations.
- Represent buyers and sellers in acquisition and disposition of apartment complexes and assumptions of existing financing.
- Land use counsel to national retailer in negotiations with the North Carolina Department of Transportation and Commerce Department.
- Land use counsel to venture capital company in connection with its acquisition of multifamily location in North Carolina.
- Real estate and land use counsel to national retailer in the zoning, site plan, annexation, permitting and entitlements processes for new and expanded facilities in North Carolina, South Carolina, and New York.
- Represented national retailer in connection with obtaining approximately $12mm in state and local incentives for the location and construction of an approximately 445,000 sf distribution center and the acquisition of 185 acre assemblage
- Licensing counsel to national and local retailers in the state and local alcohol, North Carolina Department of Revenue, and health department permitting and inspection processes for new and expanded facilities.
- Land use counsel to lending institutions in connection with feasibility assessments of foreclosures of large subdivision, raw land and income-producing properties.
- Real estate and land use counsel to international sustainable pulp and paper corporation in its acquisition of leasehold interest in paper products facility in eastern North Carolina.
- Represent local entity in connection with $10,000,000.00 refinancing plan involving the intensive restructuring and pledge of LLC membership interests.
- Counsel to national retailer in the appeal of property tax assessments through the North Carolina Property Tax Commission.
- Represent lending institutions in complex foreclosures of large subdivision, raw land and income-producing properties.
- Represented real estate investment company as mezzanine lender with respect to approximately $32mm in bridge, mezzanine, and construction loan financing for the rehabilitation of an historic structure in Charleston, SC
- Represented borrower with respect to approximately $55mm in mezzanine and construction loan financing for the design and construction of a student housing project in Raleigh, NC
- Represented borrower and joint venture partner with respect to approximately $53mm in joint venture financing and expansive corporate restructuring of shopping center property in Raleigh, NC in partnership with JP Morgan
- Represent lending institutions in successful non-judicial workout and restructuring of loan and automobile floor plan facilities.
- Represent mortgage lending company in its creation, location, and licensing of multiple branch offices across the Southeast.
- Local counsel for structured and syndicated financing transactions collectively exceeding $400,000,000.
- Represent new companies through the corporate formation and leasing process, securing and closing Small Business Administration loans for initial financing purposes.
- Represent lending institutions in potential bids by national auction for distressed assets in the Southeast.
- Represent trusts in joint loan to real estate development company with respect to coastal properties in Virginia.
- “Selling out the Farm? The Impact of the Farm Security and Rural Investment Act of 2002 on Lending Institutions and the Small Farmer”, 10 N.C. Banking Institute J. 243 (2005).
Professional and Community Involvement
- International Council of Shopping Centers
- Advisory Council Member, North Carolina Ports Authority
- Member, Troutman Sanders Recruiting Committee
- The Rocky Mountain Mineral Law Institute
- Building Committee, St. Mary Magdalene Church
Rankings and Recognition
- Selected as a Rising Star in Real Estate: Business in the 2012 and 2014 editions of North Carolina Super Lawyers, published by Law & Politics and Charlotte Magazine.
- Executive Editor, North Carolina Banking Institute Journal, 2005-2006.
- Associate, Troutman Sanders LLP, 2007-present
- Associate, Smith Moore LLP, 2006-2007
- University of North Carolina, J.D., 2006
- University of North Carolina, B.A., with distinction, 2003