Alonso Cisneros focuses his practice on commercial real estate, including representing lenders in financing multifamily properties through Fannie Mae's DUS program and Freddie Mac's Seller/Servicer programs, including its Capital Markets Program. Alonso also represents multifamily lenders in forward commitment, negotiated multi-property pools, affordable and seniors housing transactions. In addition to his finance work, Alonso represents lenders and borrowers in acquisition, pre-development, development and construction loans for projects ranging from single-user warehouse facilities to mixed-use phased developments.
Prior to his professional legal career, Alonso served in the United States Marine Corps. As a first lieutenant in Marine Air Control Squadron One in Yuma, Arizona, he served as an air defense control officer and as that unit's legal officer. Promoted to the rank of captain, he served with the Fourth Civil Affairs Group in Washington, DC, as a civil affairs officer and the unit's assistant training officer. He completed his service honorably in 2006 as a Major.
- Counsel institutional lenders on loans secured by multi-family housing projects (including mixed-use, seniors, student and manufactured housing).
- Handle credit facilities, credit enhancements, forward commitments, conversions, fixed rate and adjustable rate structures, portfolios, and small balance loans.
- Structure loan documents and borrowing organizational structures to satisfy particular agency requirements.
- Negotiate, analyze, assess and close (i) purchase and sale transactions of improved and unimproved real estate, and (ii) office, retail and ground leases for both landlords and tenants.
- Represent lenders and borrowers in acquisition, pre-development, development, and construction loans for projects ranging from single-user warehouse facilities to mixed-use phased developments.
- Organize and prepare all related documents for establishing property owners associations.
- Manage the submittal and approval of subdivision and easement plats and deeds of dedication and other development related documents.
- Closed multiple transactions including the sale of a portfolio of 35 retail properties for $86,000,000, a $30,000,000 credit facility by multiple borrowers secured by multiple projects.
- Provided counsel to lending institutions for loans secured by multifamily housing projects for subsequent sale of mortgages to Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac under various programs.
- Closed several transactions to include a $240,000,000.00 loan on 32 properties throughout the United States and a $142,000,000.00 loan on a 2100 unit multifamily project in Northern Virginia.
*Admitted only in Virginia. Practice supervised by D.C. Bar members pursuant to D.C. Bar Rule 49(c)(8).
- The George Washington University, J.D., 2002
Dean's Fellow, George Washington Law School, 2001-2002
- University of Florida, B.S., 1994
U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Virginia